Welcome

This is a collection of written pieces that comes from things I’ve thought and experienced; occasionally they are illustrated with photos that I’ve taken. They are here because I want people to enjoy them. This is a sort of print performance and as with other kinds of performance it is a meaningless exercise without an audience. So be my audience ...

Wednesday 24 August 2011

ODD OUNDLE (1)

Oundle is where I live. It is a town, not a village. It has many beautiful old buildings and right in the centre there is the lovely St. Peter's Church with a spire that can be seen from miles around. It's a very nice place to live. I was at school here. My sons went to school here. There is a great sense of community here. Like anywhere else it has its oddities and it occurs to me that during this summer period when people don't seem to get around to reading (my blog actually, if I am to tell the truth) it might be amusing to show you pictures of some of them. Here is one:




I don't know the background to this but I guess it might be a reference to the amount of tax he has to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment