Welcome

This is a collection of written pieces that comes from things I’ve thought and experienced; occasionally they are illustrated with photos that I’ve taken. They are here because I want people to enjoy them. This is a sort of print performance and as with other kinds of performance it is a meaningless exercise without an audience. So be my audience ...

Tuesday 24 September 2013

POEM - THE BLACK DEATH

In 1625 the Head Master of my old school, Laxton Grammar School in Oundle, one Anthony Death, was dismssed for showing too great an interest in his pupils, all of whom were male. In the poem that appears before this in the list of Posts (Andrea Dworkin) I admitted to there being a crude and vulgar side to my personality and what follows exemplifies this.

 

Watch out, young men, for Anthony Death

With his gentle ways and baited* breath

What he has in mind you may only .. gueth.

Those who know are wont to say

That his name should be said in a different way

To record that he favours an alternative path;

So, not down with Death but up De’ath.
 
 
 
*I imagine that he would have liked to suck violet flavoured pastilles

No comments:

Post a Comment