Welcome

This is a collection of written pieces that comes from things I’ve thought and experienced; occasionally they are illustrated with photos that I’ve taken. They are here because I want people to enjoy them. This is a sort of print performance and as with other kinds of performance it is a meaningless exercise without an audience. So be my audience ...

Wednesday 18 September 2013

POEM - PENSION TENSION

I wrote this in the days when Equitable Life was the most respected of all investment companies and then collapsed robbing many of their pension savings (including me I must add). Another home for one's money was, and still is, Scottish Widows, a company that for many years based its TV advertising on a rather beautiful young woman, dressed in black, who was somehow unconvincing in her role as recently bereaved wife. Most men thought she was decidedly sexy (including me I must add).

PENSION TENSION

I’ve got pension tension.
I’m not very proud
Of how I’m endowed,
And Equitable Life
Caused me terrible strife.
So I often consider
The Scottish Widow
Should cast off her weeds
And see to my needs.
How much would it take ...
...To have her hold my stake?

No comments:

Post a Comment